Our vehicle PCs and routers are designed for permanent in-vehicle installation, and this should always be carried out by an experienced and competent auto electrician.
Installation typically involves:
- Mounting the device securely in an appropriate location (all our vehicle PCs and routers include integrated mounting holes)
- Supplying the device with the following power feeds:
- Permanent +12V (via a voltage dropper for 24V vehicles)
- Ground (0V)
- Switched +12V feed which controls when the device powers up or down. This is usually connected to the vehicle's ignition feed, but it can also be connected to a 2-way switch to allow users to control the power status. For the maximum flexibility a 3-way switch can be used, giving the user the choice between Powered On, Powered Off, or Powered with the Ignition.
- Installing antennas (e.g. cellular, Wi-Fi and GPS) and running cables from each antenna back to the device.
- Installing any other ancillary devices (e.g. touchscreen displays) and running cables back to the PC
- Connecting any other feeds (e.g. CAN-bus)
We provide installation services for fleet installations involving multiple vehicles, by working closely with a small number of trusted installation partners around the UK.
Please contact us for further information and to discuss your requirements.